Laurel Center staff is available to provide educational programming to local community groups, such as youth, law enforcement, guidance counselors, human service providers, and church leaders.
Programs are developed for the needs of each specific audience. Past topics have included:
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Information
- Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault
- Responding to Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Victims
- Services and Capital Campaign Information
- Stalking and Legal Protection
- And more!
The Laurel Center also regularly sponsors the following public awareness events in the community. To learn more about upcoming workshops or events click here!
- In October, the agency coordinates the Candlelight Vigil to remember & honor victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- In the spring, the agency co-sponsors the Take Back the Night March and Respect Rally with Shenandoah University and Lord Fairfax Community College
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Children class, held the last Monday each month (except December and May) at the Youth Development Center in Winchester. Call 540-667-6160 to register.
- Healthy Relationship Workshops at various times throughout the year
Call our office line today at 540-667-6160 to schedule a speaker for your next event or to learn about any upcoming community education programs.